Sunday, August 22, 2010

A little bit of fun

Last week was a break from our intense schedule. While we waited for the new script, we just had diction from 2-6. It was great to relax in the morning and be able to cook breakfast and excersice on the roof before going to class. I enjoyed teaching diction a couple days. I was able to use some of the games and activities I learned/made up last summer and everyone had FUN learning English. :) I also learned several Korean games this week. They have similar games to ours, but all of them end with physical pain if you loose. lol Its actually alot of fun.

We've been here for 5 weeks and haven't explored our area, so we decided to go out this weekend. We walked around Hong Dae and listened to several bands. My favorite was a group called Soundbox. There was a singer, beat boxer, and several people who played the drums and took turns tapping...AMAZING! Close to our house is a place called Can More that is my new favorite hang out. They sell pasta and Korean ice cream and have swings and rocking chairs. Its very bright and fun. For 5 girls we split two bowls that were filled with several scoops of ice cream, shaved ice, syrup, fruit, sweet red bean, post-type cereal, and cream. YUM! They need open this style of store in the US. :) Between the amazing ice cream and delicious Korean pastries, I better watch out. lol

After church, we went out to eat then went to one of our cast member's show. It was in an art gallery. We were able to see traditional Korean dance, Jung-ga a traditional formal song, as well as contemporary dance/hip-hop and song. The traditional movement was captivating and the hip-hop was high-energy and really entertaining.

The rest of the casting has been given out. I have one other small part where my friend Sarah and I will be ballerinas. I say like 2 words. :) Should be fun. Then in the Jospeph scene I am a slave. I can't wait to get started. I'm enjoying how laid back it is right now, but know that its not going to last very long. As soon as the script is completely finalized, we will have to get going quickly.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm! The food sounds really good! And its encouraging to hear how God will be using you and our family of believers in South Korea to reach the lost in our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds so awesome! what I life you are living!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you live a fun life!! Miss you tons!!

    ReplyDelete